True Christians Believe in the Biblical Jesus (Part 2)
July 7, 2019 Speaker: Series: Tangible Marks of a True Christian
Topic: Sermons Passage: Hebrews 1:1–1:2, Colossians 1:15, John 1:18
Jesus is the revelation of God in his person, words, and works. He is the image of the invisible God, and God has ultimately spoken to us in His Son.
You say you love God? How do you regard Jesus the Son of God, the perfect revelation of Him?
To reject Jesus is to reject the apex of God's revelation-more revelation incurs more judgement if it is rejected or neglected.
All true Christians must believe that Jesus is all these things:
- Jehovah. Jn 8:24; 56-59
- True man. 1 Jn 4:2
- Sent from the Father. Jn 5:36-38; 6:28-29; 11:42, 12:44; 16:29; 17:21
- The only savior of the world. 1 Jn 4:13, Isa 45:21-22
- The Christ. 1 Jn 2:22
- Died on cross for sins. 1 Cor 15
- Rose from dead. Rom 10:9-10
- Coming again. 1 Thes 2:19; 3:13; 5:2
More in Tangible Marks of a True Christian
July 21, 2019True Christians Live a Godly Life
June 23, 2019True Christians Believe in the Biblical Jesus (Part 1)
June 16, 2019True Christians Trust in Jesus Alone